Hi,

Full text search should be fine with 8 million records.  These are short
records too, so there shouldn't be any problem at all.

Also, you can configure the minimum word length in the my.cnf file, so if
you want it to find short words, you can.  I've got it set to two in one of
my applications.  Note you have to delete the index and rebuild it if you
change this value.

Best regards,

Andy