I'm using OpenBSD 3.6 (latest version) which comes with binary packages for MySQL 4.0.20 - More recent binary packages are not yet available for this platform and installation from source is not an option.

I have a table with datetime field and I would like to select all data older than "X" weeks, where "X" is a variable in my php script.

DateDiff(datetime,now()) looks like its the right function for this purpose, but this function requires date arguments and date() isn't in 4.0.20 to convert my field from datetime to date. I have tried many different combinations, only to find a function isn't on my system or my data is not the proper type for functions that I do have. Can anyone suggest a workable SQL query for this situation?