Brent Baisley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 07/01/2005 17:03:36:

> I'm having a lot of trouble trying to get this to work. I've set the
> minimum word length to 2, restarted MySQL and rebuilt the indexes, but
> can't seem to get this to work. Is it because MySQL is not indexing #
> and ++? I can't seem to find a setting to alter this behavior. The only
> other thing I can think of is that I need to escape # and ++, but any
> of the "normal" escape character I've tried don't seem to do anything.

I think Fulltext indexes only words which consist of A-Z, a-z, 0-9 and _ .
I don't think is has any "escape" behaviour at all, and no control other
than the word length.

A feature that I would like would be to be able to define the set of
characters which constitute a "word". In my case, I would like to consider
video timecodes (form hh:mm:ss:ff) to be "words", so that I would like ":"
to be regarded as a letter.

        Alec