Andy,

----- Alkuperäinen viesti ----- Lähettäjä: "Andy Davidson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Vastaanottaja: "Heikki Tuuri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Lähetetty: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 5:02 PM
Aihe: Re: BIG InnoDB problems!

...¨
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Heikki Tuuri wrote:

the problem you had was serious corruption in the ibdata files. It can
be caused by an InnoDB bug, an OS bug, faulty hardware, and also by an
error of the database administrator.
Linux kernels 2.4.18 seemed to have corruption issues.

Hi, Heikki --

Is this something that you ONLY seem to see in 2.4.18, or is it all
kernels up to 2.4.18 (excluding .15 of course), or all kernels since ?

kernels 2.4.x, where x <= 18.

How have you reached a conclusion about this kernel version, please ?
2.4.18 is the stock kernel in recent Debians, for instance, and it seems
that it's capable of stable MySQL/InnoDB environments.  Though if I am
wrong, I would be delighted to know why so that we can change things
quickly. ;-)

Red Hat kernels 2.4.18 are suspect. I have little feedback from Debian-2.4.18.

--

Andy Davidson
Systems Administrator

Regards,