Hello,

I am trying to copy my innodb table spaces to a new array.  When I copy
the files to their new location and start mysql-max with the new
configuration, invariably I get the following after I attempt to
actually connect to a database with the command line client:

mysqld-max process hanging, pid 20607 - killed
050112 12:58:38  mysqld restarted
/usr/bin/mysqld_safe: line 1: 23476 Killed
nohup /usr/sbin/mysqld-max --defaults-file=/idb/d1/mysql/logdata/my.cnf
--basedir=/ --datadir=/idb/d1/mysql/logdata/data/ --user=mysql
--pid-file=/idb/d1/mysql/logdata/mysql.logdata.pid --skip-locking
--port=3301 --socket=/tmp/mysql.logdata.sock.idb
>>/idb/d1/mysql/logdata/log/mysql.logdata.err.log 2>&1
050112 12:58:38  mysqld ended

InnoDB: Error: page n:o stored in the page read in is 1333252, should be
1589252!
InnoDB: Error: page n:o stored in the page read in is 1333249, should be
1589249!
InnoDB: Error: trying to access page number 1872904192 in space 0
InnoDB: which is outside the tablespace bounds.
InnoDB: Byte offset 0, len 16384, i/o type 10
050112 12:58:38  InnoDB: Assertion failure in thread 1132853616 in file
fil0fil.c line 1204
InnoDB: Failing assertion: 0
InnoDB: We intentionally generate a memory trap.
InnoDB: Send a detailed bug report to mysql@lists.mysql.com
mysqld got signal 11;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this
binary
or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly
built,
or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning
hardware.
We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help
diagnose
the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely
wrong
and this may fail.

key_buffer_size=8388600
read_buffer_size=2093056
max_used_connections=0
max_connections=1000
threads_connected=1
It is possible that mysqld could use up to
key_buffer_size + (read_buffer_size + sort_buffer_size)*max_connections
= 4100184 K
bytes of memory
Hope that's ok; if not, decrease some variables in the equation.

Number of processes running now: 1
mysqld-max process hanging, pid 20607 - killed
050112 12:58:38  mysqld restarted

I have tried the copy many times over.  Yes I shut the database down
before the copy.  I have tried using cp, and pax to do the copies.  I
have run an md5sum agains't some of the innodb files comparing source
and destination after copy, and they are identical in all tests.

I cannot possibly imagine what I am missing.  I copy InnoDB table spaces
to other machines using similar methods without this type of corruption.
I doubt it's the array becuase the md5sum's are correct.

Has anyone any clue why moving the innodb spaces to another
partition/disk could possibly cause this type of problem?  I double
checked my innodb table space directives, the paths are all correct.

Thanks!

--
Richard F. Rebel

cat /dev/null > `tty`