Mattias,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mattias J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 8:50 PM
Subject: Re: Upgrade correpted InnoDB tables

At 2005-01-14 18:09, you wrote:
this is very strange. Have you used MySQL-5.0.x to create those tables? Or
which MySQL version did you use when you created those tables?
was it so that you RECREATED those tables with 4.0.21, and you STILL got
the error in 4.1.8?

We have never used MySQL 5.

What we did was to delete the InnoDB data files and all other MySQL data
from the corrupted server. Then copied the data (InnoDB, .frm etc) from an
old server, still running 4.0.15. Then we uninstalled MySQL and installed
4.0.21 on the server where the tables were corrupted and checked to make
sure the copied data was fine. After that we upgraded MySQL to 4.1.9 and
the tables where corrupted again.
On monday I will see if we have a server "to spare" so we can test if this
is reproducible in another environment.

the explanation has to be that the MIX_ID column in the InnoDB internal data dictionary has got a value != 0. I do not see any way it could get that value, except through corruption in the main memory. But then it is very strange how the corruption has not spoiled the data dictionary completely.

You can fix the problem by dropping the table (using <= 4.0.22) and reimporting it from a dump. We will add diagnostic code to 4.1.10 that can give us a clue if this problem reappears.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/