At 16:47 -0700 1/14/05, Michael Loftis wrote:
--On Friday, January 14, 2005 14:59 -0800 "Homam S.A." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I know about my.ini, but I'm not sure how to specify
these mysqld start-up options to it:

--shared-memory
--shared-memory-base-name=MYSQL

I tried adding entries like:

shared-memory=true
shared-memory-base-name=MYSQL

shared-memory shared-memory-base-name=MYSQL

if an option just needs to show up don't specify args, also make sure it's in the right section, usually [mysqld]

But it didn't work.

So my question is, How do I specify the above mysqld
start-up options when MySQL is running as an NT
Service?

Thanks!

You can specify an option file that the server should read for options when it starts, but you have to specify the file at the time that you install the server as a Windows service.

If you've already installed the server as a service, you can remove
the service with mysqld --remove.  Then reinstall the service, but this
time specify an option file name.  For example:

mysqld --install mysql --defaults-file=C:\my-opts.cnf

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Windows_start_service.html

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA