As I said in my msg, I found out that I was wrong, '+' isn't ANSI, it's just
microsoft. But mysql doesn't support the ANSI standard '||' either.

Go figure...

This is my first foray into different flavors of sql, and I'm discovering
how incompatible they really are. I expected that core basics would be the
same, with each manufacturer adding some proprietary extensions, and failing
to support a (hopefully small) subset of standard features.

</dreaming>

Dave Merrill