So its just the Japanese titles which aren't working?  The Greek and Cyrillic
looked ok to me.  If that's the case then the causes which occur to me would be:

1. The web browser doesn't have a Japanese font (I don't know if I have one or
not so I can't check that)

2. Japanese characters are longer than 3 bytes long in utf8 (again I don't know
if that's the case or not).  If they are then according the following link
mysql only supports up to 3 byte long utf8 characters.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Charset-Unicode.html