I'm using 5.0.2 and playing with views. The documentation indicates:

CREATE [ALGORITHM = {UNDEFINED | MERGE | TEMPTABLE}] VIEW . . .

I can't figure out what that alrorithm setting changes (it's not discussed in the MySQL documentation). I don't see it in the SQL:2003 docs I have. It looks like temptable is used in SQLite to indicate that a view should be temporary for this session, but that doesn't seem to be true for MySQL views created with that.

Is it possible that these are currently ignored? The documentation usually indicates such.

Anyone have ideas?