[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

All,

Can someone point me in the right direction ? I am trying to right sql
scripts for queries that will prompt for information.

Here is the gist of it, I have a sql script that will query a database
however I need the script to ask the user for IP address, and other
information that will be different each time this script is run, is there
a way to have the script take input from the user?

Chris Hood

If you are writing scripts, you are writing them in some scripting language, and you will have to use the input facilities of that language.
Perl, PHP, sh etc all have the facilities you need.