Hi,

I have a table that keeps track of when certain articles go up on the
site. It has a field called featureStart, which is a unix timestamp. The
features stay on the site until the next feature replaces them, so there
is no featureEnd. If one feature started on Apr 23 and another one is
scheduled for Apr 25, the first one will keep going until Apr 25 and
then the second one will come on.

So far I've been using something like this to figure out the current
feature:

select * from features where featureStart < unix_timestamp() order by
featureStart desc limit 1

But now I find myself with the need to figure out which features are
active on a certain date, from beginning of day, until the end. In the
above example, both features would be the answer for Apr 25. I've been
trying to figure out a query that would give me back the list of
features if I specify the range those features should be active for, but
no luck so far. Any ideas?

-Andrei
* Non-volatile, random-access, analog memory store... a book. *