I'm having trouble getting myslqd to run as a user other than root when it is
started by mysqld_safe. I folowed the steps in the manual but mysqld
continues to run as root, mysqld_safe runs as the changed user. I check
my.conf and the user statement is in the mysqld section as outlined.

If I manually start mysqld directly it runs as the changed user. so its
something in mysqld thats changing it but I cannot find out what. I have a
little programming knowledge but I'm no master.

Thanks in advance!!!
--
Russ