From: Vicki Brown [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, 20 January 2005 8:49 AM
To: Dathan Pattishall; mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: RE: I seem to have lost a table somehow :-(

At 3:21 PM -0800 1/18/05, Dathan Pattishall wrote:
>Somehow your table was zero'ed out, i.e. TRUNCATE / DROP-CREATE.
>
>MYD - data of the table
>MYI - index of the table
>Frm - TABLE definition
>
>I hope you have a backup.

Ewwch.
I may have a backup. I definitely have the data. Unfortunately, there
doesn't
seem to be an "easy" way to put the data back into the db.

On the other hand, it's not my weblog, it's seen very little activity
over
its lifetime, the last entry was September and the owner is temporarily
"off
the Internet". So it couldn't have happened to a less important
database.

Still. I wonder what crashed.
--
Vicki Brown     ZZZ                Journeyman Sourceror:
SF Bay Area, CA    zz  |\     _,,,---,,_      Scripts & Philtres