Alex Majora wrote:

Michael Stassen wrote:

That doesn't appear to be mysql.

Now that I look closely, that must be a database for RMDB. Sorry I got the two confused.

Are you sure mysqld is running? You got a shutdown message right before this.

Apparently, it's not running, as there is no mysqld process running in the ps -aux listing.
However, if I try to start mysqld up again, I get:

050119 14:48:43 Can't start server : Bind on unix socket: Address already in use
050119 14:48:43 Do you already have another mysqld server running on socket: /tmp/mysql.sock ?
050119 14:48:43 Aborting
050119 14:48:43 /usr/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown Complete

As you probably know, mysqld should create /tmp/mysql.sock on startup and destroy it on shutdown. As long as you are certain that mysqld is not running, that would mean that it wasn't shut down properly last time and left the socket file in the way. In that case, removing it manually with

  sudo rm /tmp/mysql.sock

should allow mysqld to start.

Check the permissions on /tmp

drwxrwxrwt 14 root wheel 476 19 Jan 14:43 /private/tmp

That's as it should be.

Don't know if this is what it's supposed to be for /tmp.

Thanks for your help!
Alex

Michael