Hi,

sometimes I run a query with LEFT JOIN on a big table and that causes 100%
CPU usage on our windows 2003 server. during that nobody has access to the
server (very very very slow), even when I wanted to kill MySQL process, it
took about 5 min.s just to show the task manager window. after 20 minutes I
had to reset the server.

How can I set MySQL not to lock the server? where the server doesn't
response then I can't use "KILL <process>"  command or like that. so as an
administrator, when a user run a bad query and locks the server, what you
do?

thanks