At 22:46 -0600 1/20/05, Bagus wrote:
Hi there,

I'm running Freebsd 5.3 and just installed
mysql-standard-4.1.9-unknown-freebsd4.7-i386. I'm able to run mysqld and
mysql, etc. I used to run Freebsd 2.2 and I think it was mysql 3.21.33b...
I'm not sure. My old system faded away rather abruptly and I didn't get a
chance to do database backups or anything.

I have one database that I'd like to recover. The database had 5 tables in
it. Each one had three files associated with it, ie editors.ISD, editors.ISM
and editors.frm. I have access to the tables but can't load them into my new
mysql. I copied them into /usr/local/mysql/data/BagusDatabase and made sure
the permissions were the same as my test directory.

I have been reading around and thought I came across the answer with the
mysql_convert_table_format script. I tried changing into my new
BagusDatabase directory and running:
mysql_convert_table_format --user='root' --password='mypassword' --type='ISA
M' BagusDatabase

According to the help message, the --type option is for specifying the table type that you want to convert the tables *to*. So it should be --type=MyISAM, I think.

You could also execute this statement for each table that you want to
convert:

ALTER TABLE tbl_name ENGINE=MyISAM;

The script then reports: Converting tables: converting editors Can't convert editors: Error Can't find file: 'editors.MYI' (errno: 2)

I bet this is old hat for some of you out  there. Can someone help me figure
out how to recreate my database?

Thanks,

Bagus

Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team