Hello,

On a NT4/Apache server, we have a php application that uses the following
syntax to open a connection :

$connect = mysql_connect("$serverhost","$serveruser","$serverpass");
mysql_select_db("$serverdb",$connect);
$mysql_link = $connect;

Since we upgraded to the latest version of mysql, the application was
behaving in a strange manner... We realized we could eliminate the new
problem by reestalishing the connection to the mysql database.

It looks like the initial connection is no longer open for as long as it
needs to be. Is there a way to keep the connection open for longer ? Are we
overlooking a simple parameter somewhere ? Or... Why did this problem show
as we moved to the latest version of MySQL ?

DL