Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 6:48 PM
Subject: MySQL quota problem

------=_NextPart_000_0136_01C4FF1E.93A25E50

Hello,

I have trouble with setting mysql database quota per user at my server.

I`m using MySQL 4.0.22 on Linux with kernel 2.4.29.=20

I`m using group quota on my server and all user`s files, mails and =
databases are with group $user (user`s mysql database directory is with =
setgid bit enabled to apply the group id to the new crated tables also).

The problem is that when some user exceeds his quota the MySQL server =
"dies" for all users with:
"Disk is full writing. Waiting for someone to free space... Retry in 60 =
secs" =20

I suppose that this behaivior is caused, because the thread is waiting =
for free space, and when someone tries to write again to the same =
database, a very common example is some buletin board; a new thread is =
started that waits again, etc until the max threads are full and the =
MySQL server does nothing until it is restarted or the quota for the =
problem database is increased.

Can anyone tell me is there a working solution for MySQL quota per =
database or a patch to return disk exceed error and not wait ?=20
Because in my case the MySQL can`t write only to one database, all other =
hundreds of databases are operational, but server dies for all ...

Thank You=20

Iavor Stoev=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_0136_01C4FF1E.93A25E50--