Hello,

It seems it is possible to get ride of accent problems in fulltext search (but I don't know how to). I am using 4.1.8a version of mysql and I am not enable to find any accentuated word from its non-accent version (says 'siecle' for 'siècle'). For example :

SELECT * FROM table WHERE MATCH (myfields) AGAINST ('siecle')

returns nothing but

SELECT * FROM table WHERE MATCH (myfields) AGAINST ('siècle')

finds many rows ...

I have got sames problems with single quote words : I look for "influence" which can be found in "l'influence". The only way to find "l'influence" is searching for it exact syntax. Also a search with 'influence' doesn't return "l'influence" occurences. It seems there is a way to get ride of "'" character (quote from http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Fulltext_Search.html) :
"MySQL uses a very simple parser to split text into words. A ``word'' is any sequence of true word characters (letters, digits, and underscores), optionally separated by no more than one sequential `'' character."

It says "optionnally" ... does it mean it is an option ? (so what is this option?) or does it only mean the parser is enable to parse "wasn't" as a single word ?

Thanks !! Regards, BDM.