We are looking for buying a new server for running
MySQL database. The database is around 50-70G and
individual tables run to 5 - 15 GB. There wont be any
frequent updates instead we need maximum select
performance. There will be multiple table joins to
perform our query. I hope your experience will help us
find a suitable server for our need. Information on
what hardware to use including how many computers,
processor, ram, hard drive spec would be helpful.
Budget is not a constrain but performance (select)
need to be high. I have heard MySQL is the best for
fast and large selects, but is it worth looking at
other database like Oracle?

Thanks
TM