Hey - It's been awhile since I set up mysql on a box (it's one of those things where I teach myself, do it once, then forget it, heh) - but I seem to remember you need to do some things to initialize the databases and set initial privileges before it will work - su to the "mysql" user and run "mysql_install_db" - this command should create the initial tables and give you instructions on where to go from there (the part I don't remember).

Will Beers

Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
Dears,I have slackware10.I install it completely.
But when i use /etc/rc.d/rc.mysqld start  ,I recieve following mesage :
mysql ended
Please guide me that i can configure mysql in slack.
Yours,Mohsen