Hi,
I am trying to learn more about InnoDB to convert MyISAM to InnoDB. according to MySQL document, I can lock a record like this:

SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE id = '100' LOCK IN SHARE MODE;

I run this query and showed a message to stop the screen (waiting) and on the other computer I run the same query or even I updated the record (which is locked by the other computer), but I didn't get any error. How does this work? Did I miss anything here?

My other question: if I lock a record with that command, then how I can release the lock? I could find any command to release the lock!

thanks