default-storage-engine=INNODB in [mysqld] section of the config file will make
InnoDB default for a server.

Attention:
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them
to be the views of any such entity. The information contained in this message
and or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
any system and destroy any copies.