Hello Sheryl,

Well, just to rule out the obvious, what client library did you link
your PHP to? You can see that running phpinfo(). I mean, if you ever
upgraded from, say, MySQL 3.23, to, say, 4.0.18, the C headers of your
client libraries will have changed, and everything which is statically
linked to them, like PHP, should be recompiled. If your client library is
at 4.0.18, and MySQL itself at, say, 4.0.23, you would still be okay;
but with an older client library, you may expect weirdness. ;)

I'm sure you already looked into this; but just in case you didn't...

- Mark