From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 2:53 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: SQLSTATE mapping problem

Hi all,

We are using MySQL ODBC 3.51 driver for db connection. When executing an
SQL statement using

SQLExecDirect() function and if there is a syntax error in the SQL
statement, the SQLSTATE returned by the
driver is "23000" (which stands for invalid constraint/duplicate keys.)
instead of "42000" (which stands for syntax error or access violation)
. Like this we are getting different SQLSTATE values for other errors.
Can anybody suggest what is going wrong with this?
We are using SQLGetDiagRec() method to fetch the native error code,
Error message and the SQLSTATE.

Also we are not able to find the native error code list for the MySQL
ODBC 3.51 driver. Can anyone please suggest a clue?

Regards
Narasimha

Confidentiality Notice

to this message are intended
for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential
or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or
[EMAIL PROTECTED] immediately

Confidentiality Notice