Dan Stromberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/02/2005 01:31:17 PM:

> I have a system with set of web pages that use PHP and a MySQL database.
>
> Apparently the old webmaster has disappeared, and a new webmaster has
> been hired.  She needs to know the schema of the database.
>
> So my question is: Is there a way of querying MySQL not for values of
> fields, but rather for the schema of the database?
>
> Thanks!

If I want a quick-and-dirty, plain-text dump of the schema, I prefer using
mysqldump with the -d option (no data).

mysqldump -q -Q -A -d --user=user_name --password -r dbschema.sql
(it should prompt you for the password)

see "mysqldump --help" for more options/details.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine