From: Michael Stassen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: den 4 februari 2005 14:19
To: Thomas Sundberg
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Syntax diagram, where is it located in the doc?

 From the manual, "where_definition consists of the keyword
WHERE followed by  an _expression_ that indicates the condition
or conditions that rows must satisfy to be selected."
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/select.html>

That seems simple and straightforward to me.  Perhaps if you
told us why you need this, someone could provide you with the
answer you need.

It is very simple but absolutely not straight forward. It really doesn't say
anything. Just that you should do things right and then you will not have
any problems.
The concrete problem I tried to solve were if MySQL supports xor in a where
clause. And if so, how should the syntax be written? That would have been
extremely simple if the syntax diagram started just above the quote you
supplied us with had been completed and not ended when things got a bit
interesting.

/Thomas

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.