Matteo,

Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 3:51 PM
Subject: innodb problem

Hello, my name's Matteo, probably my question
is basic but I'm new with mysql.
I've an application that write some milion of row in mysql innodb
table. Every day my application creates a new table, write data
and drop table oldest than 15 days.
After the drop table execution command the disk space on my linux server

doen't shrink and the disk space grow winthout end.
is there a way or configuration setting to resolve this problem?

an upgrade to 4.1.9, and reading
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/multiple-tablespaces.html
will help. When you DROP a table, the .ibd file will be deleted, and the disk space is released to the operating system.

Many thanks if someone can help me!!!

Best regards, Matteo

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php