I've added the following line to my.cnf in order to activate the logging of slow queries:

[mysqld]
log-long-format
log_slow_queries=/var/log/slow-queries.log
long_query_time=20

The mysql server version is 4.1.9, but all I see in slow-queries.log the following:

# [EMAIL PROTECTED]: mmareuser[mmareuser] @ localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]
# Query_time: 61  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 0  Rows_examined: 0
# administrator command: Prepare Execute;
# Time: 050207 16:29:15
# [EMAIL PROTECTED]: mmareuser[mmareuser] @ localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]
# Query_time: 53  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 0  Rows_examined: 0
# administrator command: Prepare Execute;
# Time: 050207 16:29:17
# [EMAIL PROTECTED]: mmareuser[mmareuser] @ localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]
# Query_time: 67  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 0  Rows_examined: 0
# administrator command: Prepare Execute;
# Time: 050207 16:32:32
# [EMAIL PROTECTED]: mmareuser[mmareuser] @ localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]
# Query_time: 28  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 0  Rows_examined: 0
# administrator command: Prepare Execute;

I thought that the slow query log would dump the SQL of the queries causing slow-downs.
Did I made some mistake in configuring my server?

--
Andrea Gangini, Mimesi S.r.l.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]