Hi,

I'm writing an windows app, which would connect to mysql server and modify user's data. There would be a few hundred of users. Every of them should have access only to few tables. It's not a problem with mysql's authentication mechanism.

Kind of compilation of the data from users' tables should be accessed on web (via php scripts). For example: every user have table LOGIN_customers with the same structure. On web, I need to make SELECT (something) FROM LOGIN1_customers, LOGIN2_customers, LOGIN3_customers WHERE (something). I thought, that MERGE tables could be good solution but they don't have transactions and they have limitations.

What would be faster? MERGE tables or queries with 200-400 InnoDB tables in FROM?

--
Marcin Lewandowski
[  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  gg:188068 jid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ]