Hi, there,

We have a huge database (84 tables of about 360 G of data in MyISAM tables). Recently, we converted the entire database to InnoDB (in one table space) and set up replication. Then we experienced some slower performance.

For example, "show table status" on the master took more than 90 seconds if the database connection was made from local server, and terribly 400 seconds if the connection was from a remote server. At the moment "show table status" was issued, there were about 5 other queries running.

However, if the test was done on the slave, "show table status" took approximately 90 seconds for each of the connections from the local and remote servers, while only the slave thread was running in the meanwhile.

Our questions are:
1. Is "show table status" generally extremely slow for InnoDB tables?
2. Does connection from the local or remote server affect the speed of "show table status"?
3. Does the fact one server a master another a slave affect the speed of "show table status"?

     Your reply would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Zhe