There is not some thing secret to be stored but the idea is to encrypt customer credit card information so it is not avilable to unauthorized users but key cannot be stored in source code as any body who can hack databases to pull out the information can also hack key from source code, so make the risk 0% i wanted to know where to store the key but now James Black has suggested to pass the key on application startup and not to store on disk which is a good idea and will try to implement that.

Thanks evey one for your help.

Love ..

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Thursday 10 February 2005 19:00, love wrote:
> Has any body implemented Aes encryption while storing critical data in
> mysql? I want to know the logic you are implementing to store your
> passwords to encrypt/decrypt data.
>
> Love Kumar
>
> Love Kumar wrote:

I think this question could not be answered globally.
What exactly do you want to store where, and who should or should not be able
to read the data?

Is it that you want to store something secret into a table which should only
be readable by a particular mysql-user?

bh

Bernhard Fischer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Telekommunikation und Medien
Fachhochschule St. PÃlten/St. Poelten University of Applied Sciences
Herzogenburger StraÃe 68 | 3100 St. PÃlten | +43 (0) 2742 313228 48

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and / or privileged Material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. Thank you for your understanding & co-operation.