Hi..

I encountered some problems with character sets.

On the 4.0 version I stored UTF-8 strings. When upgraded to 4.1, I saw the default character set was 'latin1', so I converted to UTF-8 using this:

ALTER TABLE my_table CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET 'utf8', DEFAULT CHARACTER SET 'utf8';

When viewing the pages, I see that some of the characters were corrupted (the same chars always). I tried to return to convert back to 'latin1' but the problem remained.

What was the problem?
How can I fix it?

BTW: for some reason I cannot reply to posts in this mailing list using Thunderbird. (On PHP mailing list replying works).

please help...
-thanks, Eli