Jeff Mao wrote:

I'm back,...I've removed MySQL completely and reinstalled it using the binaries for Mac OS X 10.3+ from the mysql website. I still have a Client API version of 3.23 in the phpinfo() while I see 4.1.9 from the command line.

This has *nothing* to do with the MySQL you've installed, or with the Apache httpd -- phpinfo() is showing you what MySQL libraries *PHP* was compiled with.

If you want PHP to use newer (4.x) client libraries, either find a
binary distribution that suits you or compile it yourself.

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                          dream.  code.