I'm ripping hair out, here's the problem...I'm trying to insert content
cited below into a field and it's causing this error, ie. there's
content i just cannot insert into the DB an it's causing the following
error message:

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds
to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's
Edition)."

Here's the content that will not insert:

<i>How to Get It: A Guide to Defense - Related Information Resources</i>
 (DTIC, 2002; Librarian's Edition). A reference published by the Defense
 Technical Information Service. The inspiration for this document.

I'm using PHP so I run the code below (note I think magic quotes might
be enabled on my server so the "mysql_real_escape_string" in the code
below might never be runned) but in any event it is escaped with:

if (!get_magic_quotes_gpc()) {
   $descrip_field = mysql_real_escape_string($descrip_field);
}

I do the same escape for the title field too....Then futher down in the
code actual INSERT code is:

mysql_query("INSERT INTO howto.page (title, descrip) VALUES
('$title_field', '$descrip_field')")
or die ("Can't connect because ".mysql_error());
$page_id1 = mysql_insert_id();
if ($page_id1 == '0' ) { die ('died : page_id1=0'); }

What's wrong??? It inserts for everything else OK, but just won't insert
when i try with the content i cited?

Thanks,
Lee G.