---- Original Message ----
From: "Oddvar Kragseth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 13, 2005 3:35 PM
Subject: Importing a separated file into mysql, national charset
problem??

> I'm importing a file into mysql.
>
> Most work fien, but numbers are given like this :
> `487,90`116,40`4467,00`
>
> This creates a problem, as the decimal numbers are NOT read... i.e i
> get 487.00 , 116.00 in my database.
>
> Is this a "national" problem as we use komma as a decimal seperator
> in Norway?
>
> Do i set this in windows or in LOAD DATA INFILE statement??

We have this problem too in Czech Republic :-) I resolve this problem using
this method:
1) I create temporary table with identical tructure except decimal, real,
double, float and numeric fields. All this fields (eg. NUMERIC(6,2) ) I
define as VARCHAR with the same length.
2) I load data into temporary table using LOAD DATA INFILE
3) I convert all "numeric" values using
    UPDATE TABLE temptable  SET numeric_field=REPLACE(numeric_field, ',' ,
'.')
4) I load (or append) data from temporary table into main table.

Petr Vileta
http://www.zivnosti.cz
http://www.practisoft.cz