Hello,

I have a feature request for mysqldump that would greatly ease a
current task I have; in my replicated setup my master is currently
MyISAM (as are most slaves), but I have one slave that is InnoDB for
testing.

Somehow or other, it's gotten itself out of sync, so I'm in the
position of needing to resync it.

If I were to do the usual mysqldump --add-drop-table $db | mysql
then everything will be recreated as MyISAM.

If mysqldump had a couple of extra options;
   --truncate-table
   --create-if-not-exists

Which, respectively, truncate a table before inserting any rows to it,
and only create a table if it doesn't already exist (merely by placing
the relevant already-implemented commands in 4.1 in the sql dump) I
would have a one-step process for resyncing my MyISAM master to a
slave of differing table types, by keeping the already-created slave
tables.

I'm sure these could probably come in useful for other scenarios too.
Would this be possible/feasible/useful to anyone else?

Thanks,
--
Chris