Hi!

I have a database where several users can connect and input data.

I managed to have my insert queries as atomic, but I was wondering about one special case: I make one insert, and retrieve the last id inserted by mysql because I need to update an other table with that id.

- if one user inserts and retrieves the id, but between both one other has inserted something the id returned will be the right one?

- or do I have to lock my table, execute the query, retrieve the id, unlock the table?

- is there a way to make an atomic query with this that would avoid me to use locks?

Thanks a lot for any help,

Melissa