Hi
turns me crazy: no reply button found in your ... mailing-list.

Hello.

Please send us an ouput of the following statement, which you should
perform in the middle of your test case:
 show grants for current_user();

THIS IS THE OUTPUT:
DROP TABLE fai_accounts
DROP TABLE fai_contacts
DROP TABLE fai_knowledge
DROP TABLE fai_tasks
DROP TABLE fai_timer
DELETE FROM participants WHERE ident = 'fai'
DELETE FROM part_val WHERE ident = 'fai'
UPDATE SET activ = 'inactiv' WHERE ident = 'fai'
Query 'UPDATE SET activ = 'inactiv' WHERE ident = 'fai'' failed.
Grants for [EMAIL PROTECTED]>GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'mydom.tld' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '17e741d62b857bab' WITH GRANT OPTION
REVOKE all ON fai_contacts FROM 'fai'@'mydom.tld'
REVOKE all ON fai_knowledge FROM 'fai'@'mydom.tld'
REVOKE all ON fai_tasks FROM 'fai'@'mydom.tld'
REVOKE all ON fai_timer FROM 'fai'@'mydom.tld'
REVOKE all ON fai_files FROM 'fai'@'mydom.tld'
Query 'REVOKE all ON fai_files FROM 'fai'@'mydom.tld'' failed.
REVOKE select ON participants FROM 'fai'@'mydom.tld'
REVOKE select,update ON part_val FROM 'fai'@'mydom.tld'
REVOKE GRANT OPTION ON *.* FROM 'fai'@'mydom.tld'
DROP USER 'fai'@'mydom.tld'
show grants for current_user()
Grants for [EMAIL PROTECTED]>GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'mydom.tld' IDENTIFIED BY PASSWORD '17e741d62b857bab' WITH GRANT OPTION

and after that i get

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> mysql -h mydom.tld -u root -p
Enter password:
ERROR 1130 (00000): Host 'mydom.tld' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~>

and when i do a (in a valid root window of course)
mysql> flush privileges;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql>

i can login again:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~> mysql -h mydom.tld -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 113 to server version: 4.1.7-standard-log

mysql>

suomi