Hi Ben, all!

Am Di, den 15.02.2005 schrieb Ben Clewett um 11:28:
> Forget the question, I have found my answer, thanks!
>
> The answer is in MySQL manual, section 2.12.5.3.
>
> Seems AIX default to max 256MB memory without compilation options.  Then
> a max of 2GB is possible.

Yes, this is an architectural issue with AIX (32 bit): Its address space
is divided into 16 segments (4 bit) of 256 MB (28 bit) each.

You will find more details about this in the newsgroup "comp.unix.aix",
together with ways to overcome that restriction in a recompilation - but
I do not know whether anybody used these on MySQL.

Regards,
Joerg

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com