From: Jason Williard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:33 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Unable to start MySQL

Hello,

I have been trying to install and run MySQL on a Redhat Enterprise machine.
The installation appears to go just fine, but when I go to run it, MySQL
doesn't startup.  Here is
what I have done so far:

INSTALLATION:
./configure --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl
--with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/ssl/include
--with-openssl-libs=/usr/local/ssl/lib --with-isam --with-archive-storage-engine
--with-csv-storage-engine make && make install /usr/bin/mysql_install_db
--user=mysql

After doing the above, I tried running MySQL with the following commands:
/usr/bin/safe_mysqld &
/usr/bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &

Each of these resulted in this sort of response:
---
[EMAIL PROTECTED] usr]# /usr/bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql & [1] 14204
[EMAIL PROTECTED] usr]# Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
/var/lib/mysql
050215 11:31:25  mysqld ended

[1]+  Done                    /usr/bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql
[EMAIL PROTECTED] usr]#
---

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

---
Thank You,
Jason Williard