Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but the problem I am facing is that there may be duplicate values in the uploaded file and I dont want these to appear in my table...

From: Bastian Balthazar Bux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: shaun thornburgh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: LOAD DATA INFILE using 4.0.17
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:32:56 +0100

shaun thornburgh ha scritto:

Hi,

I have a table with 26 fields, each row in this table must be unique. I can't define all of the fields to be primary keys as the limit is 16. Therefore before I insert data I have to check that each row is unique. Data is to be inserted into this table from files uploaded to the server - CSV files. Is it possible to use the LOAD DATA INFILE statement to check for unique rows, or does anyone have a better solution to my problem!

Thanks for any advice offered.

make a table of 27 fields ;) , use the MD5() function http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/encryption-functions.html , simply add a unique index on the column that holds the md5 sum.

Regards, Francesco