On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 10:35, Mathew Ray wrote:
> Has anyone used or built a db monitoring tool for MySQL?
>
> I have come across various system-level heartbeat tools, but I am
> specifically looking for a solution that will work on Win2K Server and
> RedHat boxes, as we have several servers that each run different
> instances of mysql.
>
> No replication or clustering here, just looking to get notification and
> execute some php if a specific db or table isn't accessible. I have a
> rough plan for making my own, but I thought I would check here to see if
> anyone had a suggestion...
>
> Thanks,
> ~mathew

I don't know of anything in open source or shrink wrapped that does it,
least of all cross-platform but perl and Java each run with good
transparency on both *nix and Win32..  a script/program to perform basic
heartbeat check would take less than an hour and be completely portable.

--
 - michael dykman
 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]