I have two questions:
1) I'm still having trouble getting mysql to run as user mysql. All the file
and folders have been changed to be owned by user mysql but phpadmin shows my
sql running as root. When I log on as root and look at the users, I do not
see a mysql user. Do I need to create this user and what permissions does it
need? How can the files and folders be owned by a user if they do not exist?

2) When my windows environment died I was unable to dump mysql. I was able to
recover the Data files for both tables I had (.myd, .myi and .frm) Also for
the host database,etc. can these be copied to my new Linux enviroment or is
it best to rebuild everything?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

--
Russ