Hi!

We are trying to migrate our applications to UTF-8 and so we started testing
the new features of MySQL 4.1 (still using 4.0 currently). But we are facing
some problems now. In our applications it could be theoretically the case
that there is arabic, hebrew, japanese and korean content in one table. So i
made up a small testscript which inserts several strings of several languages
in one table and tested if the sorting works. The test-database stores utf8
and i used the utf8_general_ci collation (but i tested utf8_unicode_ci as
well).

My results so far:

western and eastern european languages work.
arabic, hebrew, persian work too

But the asian strings (korean, japanese, chinese) are completely unsorted (!).
Did i hit a bug, did i miss anything or is the utf8_general collation not yet
ready for asian letters? If so does anybody know when it will work properly?

Regards,

 Andreas Streichardt