I have a database thats full of ingredients that are placed in various
categories. and then there are mixtures that are allowed to
be labelled with a certain grade based on the quality and
composition of the ingredients it is comprised from.
But the formulas are not always the same, as long as the profile matches certain criterian.

For example, in order to be label grade Premium,
it must have between 70% and 95% ingredients from group A
between 0 and 15 % from group B
between 5 and 15% from group C
between 0 and 15% from group D

What you actually put in the mix is determined by price and availability and other factors.

So I  implement these profiles with a mySQL table
I have

grade_id               points to main grade record
category_id            points to category
min_percent
max_percent

and the individual ingrediants

ing_id
name
price
category_id    among others...

The question is
Is there some way mysql can assure the integrity of these profiles, so that there is no way to use a set of records for a grade that can't add upto 100%. Or is this pretty much application logic?