We treat the database as any other source code, i.e. we store three sql
scripts in our repository and have a ant target that builds the database
from these scripts. If anyone need to change the database layout, the
default values or the test data then he or she just checkout the
corresponding file and make the change. If it isn't stored in the
repository, then it doesn't exist.

/Thomas