Hi all,

I'm having more merge table woes! I'm trying to alter a merge table to remap
it without dropping and re-creating. This is what I get:

mysql> ALTER TABLE eventlog_all UNION=(eventlog_11, <..lots of tables...>,
eventlog_88);
ERROR 1031: Table handler for '#sql-1f1_ea6d9' doesn't have this option

At first, I thought I might need to add in "TYPE=MERGE" to the query, but
that doesn't help. I think this might be a bug - could it be related to the
"ALTER TABLE now remembers the old UNION() definition." bug & fix? I'm using
version 3.23.32. Would an upgrade help?

By the way, I noticed a syntax error in the one the examples in the manual
concerning merge tables. It's in section 8.2. The bullet-point example
reading:

* Use ALTER TABLE table_name UNION(...)

Should of course be:

* Use ALTER TABLE table_name UNION=(...)

Notice the equals sign between "UNION" and the accompanying brackets. I
would've made a comment in the manual, but the new account registration
seems to be broken - you just get an "Unknown column 'country_id' in 'field
list'" SQL error.

Regards,