Hi James!

Am Mo, den 21.02.2005 schrieb James Black um 14:20:

> I have tried to compile mysql, and got some linking errors. Any chance a
> binary for Solaris 8 can be made available?

Solaris 8 is a supported platform, and we (try to) generate binaries for
it. However, with 5.0.2 (which is still an "alpha" release!) we must
have had some problems on it, or else we would have published it. Then,
work on other releases was more important.

As we are currently working on 5.0.3-alpha (which is also being built on
Solaris 8, and has significant improvements), we will not go back to
5.0.2.
If compiling from source does not work for you, please wait for 5.0.3
(and then tell us your experiences with it).

Regards,
Joerg Bruehe

MySQL AB, www.mysql.com